The PT-E550WVP industrial wireless handheld labelling tool kit comes with design software to help integrate into work flow processes.
Design and print labels from a computer, or link to a database to save time and help reduce errors. Connect directly or send the label designs and databases wirelessly to the job site using a cloud server or by email.
Using a computer or mobile device, download the label designs and databases to the P-Touch E550W using Wi-Fi® wireless connectivity, and then print virtually anywhere without a computer.
Smart technology, QWERTY keyboard, automatic cutter and a large backlit display helps make the PT-E550W easy to use to print wider labels for marking cables/fiber/wire, faceplates, patch panels, punch blocks and more. Also prints on heat shrink tubing.
Improving jobsite accuracy and efficiency just became easier
The PT-E550WVP is the newest addition to the Brother industrial line and the most full-featured handheld.
It offers a wireless (802.11b/g) interface for transferring data and printing directly from many popular Windows®, iOS® and Android™ mobile devices, plus a dual-blade auto cutter that helps you produce easy peel labels in strips. By pre-loading the templates, files and databases your crews will need at the jobsite into the labeller, they can save time, minimize keystrokes, and improve accuracy.
The printer also adds a new level of flexibility to handle changes at the job site in real time for anyone generating sheet labels for their projects. Just transfer the same exported file used for printing those labels into the label maker. Then, if there’s a change or replacement labels are needed, don’t panic – you can simply send the data to a smartphone or tablet at the site and quickly print what’s needed right there.
The PT-E550W is ideal for handling large, complex IT projects like data centers. It produces durable, laminated labels up to 24mm wide. It combines powerful technology with advanced features and intuitive operation that help make the labelling job faster, simpler and more efficient for your entire crew – without the need to read a manual.
Smart label application keys save time
Smart label application keys offer preformatted templates for the types of labels electrical, telecom, datacom contractors, and A/V
and security system installers, use frequently.
These help almost anyone make the right label every time, quickly and easily.
Change supplies fast with drop-in tape cassettes
The PT-E550WVP uses interchangeable, drop-in HSe and TZe tape cassettes that already contain all the materials required to produce durable laminated labels in the colour, size or adhesive type you want. Changing label colours, sizes or adhesive types takes seconds. Just pop in the cassette you need and you’re good to go.
When you make a label with the PT-E550WVP, your text, symbols and barcodes are printed on the underside of a clear protective
laminate and then bonded to the adhesive and other substrates as the label is printed. So the label that emerges is already laminated, includes an easy-peel backer, and is ready to cut, peel and apply.
The laminated labels you can produce with the PT-E550WVP have been engineered to stand up to harsh environments, indoors and outdoors. They can withstand temperatures from -80 degrees (C) to 100 degrees (C), moisture, harsh UV, abrasion, grease and industrial solvents like acetone, and remain affixed and clearly readable for years.
Easy to use. Powerful features.
The PT-E550WVP was clearly designed to help make projects go faster and more efficiently – from start to finish. Drop in an HSe or TZe tape cassette for the tape colour, size and adhesive type you need. Choose the application you want. Enter the text into a preformatted template or one you’ve already created and stored on the PT-E550WVP.
Add industrial symbols from the hundreds built-in, and create and add industry-standard barcodes using the 9 built-in symbologies. Then print and cut your label. Peel and apply. That’s how it’s done.
Tapes for practically every application
HSe and TZe tape cassettes are available in a wide range of colours, sizes and adhesive types to match your labelling application.
Flexible ID Tape: For wrapping and flagging wires and cables.
Extra-Strength Adhesive Tape: For rough, textured and powder-coated surfaces.
Standard Adhesive Tape: For flat, smooth surfaces.
And now, for the PT-E550WVP, there’s Heat Shrink Tube.
All of these tapes are available on easy-swap, drop-in cassettes. So it only takes seconds to go from using Flexible ID Tape to wrap and flag cables and wires, to Extra-Strength Adhesive Tape to mark load centers and electrical panels, to Standard Adhesive Tape to mark outlet covers and faceplates.
- Wireless Connectivity – Comes with software to design and print custom labels wirelessly from a computer, tablet or mobile device, or wireless transfer them into the labelling tool and print without a computer
- Wirelessly Transfer Label Designs & Databases to the Job Site – Designed for labelling bigger projects onsite by entering a few characters to search the database and then print the labels
- Automatic Strip Cutter Prints Strip of Labels From a Database – Helps save time and helps reduce human input error
- Print Strip of Labels Faster – New mechanism design with built-in fully automatic strip cutter
- Smart Labelling Application Keys – Designed to help you save time and start printing labels for cables, faceplates, patch panels and more without the learning curve or reading user manuals
- Prints Wider Labels – New font sizing technology enables printing more clearly formed and readable characters on a 24mm wide label that is ideal for conforming to the short and long ANSI/EIA/TIA-606x identifier format
- HGe and TZe Tapes – Compatible with HGe and TZe tapes that offer adhesive and colour choices for virtually any labelling application
- Easy to Use Labelling Solution – Comfortable grip design for one or two hands operation, large backlit display and QWERTY keyboard helps make printing labels as simple as texting or sending a message
- Prints Laminated Labels – Innovative technology prints and laminates the label automatically, encapsulating the print between two protective layers for more durability and resistance against harsh conditions like abrasion, extreme temperatures, chemicals and moisture, plus giving the label a superior finish
- Prints on Heat Shrink Tubing – Compatible with the new line of HSe heat shrink tubing that is smear resistant for marking cables, fiber and wires